Work with a professional writer and editor on a new web project for a major media company. Subjects: popular science, technology, innovations and inventions, and/or science fiction in literature, TV, and/or film. Writer: Tiffany Lee Brown, http://www.magdalen.com, also an editor at PLAZM magazine (www.plazm.com/magazine/features) and the director of New Oregon Arts & Letters (www.neworegon.org).
You should be:
- conversant with basic Internet research/searching and online usage
- go online 4-7 days/week
- ready to work 8-10 hours/week from your home + weekly meetings with me in Southeast*
- responsible, reliable, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven
This is an unpaid, three-month internship. College credit is available for students. If things work out, you may be offered a paid internship or paying freelance work for several months afterward. Let me know ahead of time if you're planning any long vacations this summer.
*Online-only internships will be considered...
Contact magdalen23 (att) gmail.com by May 31. If you don't hear back by June 1, follow up with email to tiffany (att) plazm.com, just in case your email was filtered out by a spam program. Include in your email:
- quick introduction to yourself in the body of the email.
- attached resume in Word, PDF, or Rich Text file. People send me the weirdest stuff! Giant files I don't wanna deal with! So if you can't follow requests this simple, don't bother applying.
- email addresses and phone numbers for three references.